S'more Cookies

S'more Cookies

My sweet little cowboy turned 6 this month, and we celebrated him with a Western-themed party on Saturday. Instead of cake, he opted for s'mores, and he and all his adorable little friends had a great time. I wound up with leftover s'more supplies! I have to confess: s'mores are not my favorite, but I have been really liking my sweet treats lately. On mornings following a rough night parenting the baby, I have a habit of finding myself a consoling bakery item full of chocolate. However, we are trying really hard to stay on budget this month, and as a result, I am forced to find homemade ways to satisfy my morning craving for something to go with my coffee. No more fat slices of chocolate cake from The Honey Bear Bakery (at least not until the 15th when my cash is replenished!). 

So when I turned to my cupboards this morning, the s'more stuff called to me...

(My house isn't normally covered in streamers; that's left from the party.)

These were awesome, and I will be doing this again for sure! Here's what I did:

First make a ball of dough. I used a chocolate crinkle recipe from allrecipes.com and modified it.


1/2 C cocoa powder

1 C sugar

1/4 C oil

Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time.

Stir in a splash of brewed coffee.

Mix in a separate bowl:

1 C flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

Stir flour into chocolate mixture.

Fold in lots of chocolate chips

Chill for at least 2 hours.

To make the cookies:

Cut large marshmallows in half and crush two whole graham crackers into a small bowl.

Using the palm of your hand, make about 1.5 Tbsp of dough into a patty shape.

Place marshmallow in center and roll the dough up around the edges leaving a bit of marshmallow exposed on top. 

Roll ball in graham cracker crumbs.

Place about 3 inches apart on parchment paper on baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until surface of cookie dough cracks. 

If desired (and of course it is), turn oven to broil to toast the tops of the marshmallows. I watched them very closely!

Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack.


I'll See You When It's Over

Peaked Hydrangea

Peaked Hydrangea